Courses at Fleetham Lodge
cereals, fruit platter, breads, fruit juice coffee & tea
homemade soup, sandwiches, fruit and yogurts
Roast beef, yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, seasonal vegetables; apple pie and custard (wine served)
Vegetarian options are available.
The Fleetham Lodge Experience
Study, live, think, eat and sleep in English!
Immerse yourself in the language every day
Make progress with your English that you never dreamed was possible
Studying at Fleetham Lodge
Fleetham Lodge has been a popular place to study English for the past 8 years. Each learning experience is unique as we arrange every programme around you and your English
The language you study will be the language you want to improve. You can tell us this before you arrive so we will have everything prepared
We will send you a timetable before you arrive so you can see exactly what you will be doing each day
Whatever season you choose there is something to experience. Some things are dead certain!
You will get lots of chances to speak English all day every day - with me, my family but also with people locally.
You are not likely find anybody who can speak your language and distract you from your English!
You will have an experience like you've never had before!
There is so much to do that you will hardly fit everything in. From the minute you arrive you will be thrown into intensive English - these really are immersion courses - but with the support you get during the lessons and with your teacher alongside you you will manage very well and be amazed at how much you progress.
The lessons are designed for you and your English. We will use English language materials related to your job whether you are a teacher, a doctor, a sales manager, a designer or a chef.
More reasons to come to Fleetham Lodge and learn English in the English countryside
- Getting here is easy you have a choice of three airports where we can meet you
Teesside (accessible from Amsterdam)
- There are direct trains which take around 2 hours from
London Kings Cross,
Manchester (train from the airport itself)
- Then the journey from the station is only 15 minutes.
- Getting though customs and the baggage hall takes only 30 minutes (and 15 at Teesside)
- Getting out and about is easy - there are no crowded roads
- Getting into museums and other excursion venues is easy you won't have to queue.
That means you can see and do SO MUCH MORE!
The house and location
We are situated in North Yorkshire, in a very rural setting with great views and the chance to go for walks and cycle rides straight from the front door!
Fleetham Lodge is a good place to really concentrate on your study and leave the busy city behind. Despite the setting we are still able to offer a good range of visits and activities that will complement your lessons and be relevant to your field of work.
Some of the visits we have provided so far:
Meeting local organic and conventional farmers and touring their farms for those involved in agricultural industries
- Meeting local food producers (individuals and larger units) for people working in food development and technology
- Meeting and discussing alternative energy providers for those in the renewable energyindustry
- Meeting and sharing experiences for business people with managers in the same business area (finance, marketing, project management etc..)
- Visiting a local school for teachers
All these visits gave the opportunity to use English with fellow professionals in the same field and to really practice the language that we were working on in the lessons.
These are rare but very valuable opportunities to use your English.
Read our bog - Fleetham Life
Life and English courses at Fleetham lodge
Airports with direct flights to local UK airports
(Teesside, Newcastle, Leeds)