Weekend intensive courses - Academic Writing
Short, intensive courses for academic writing
Improve your writing skills and expand your English grammar and vocabulary for writing
Who is it for?
- The course is aimed at university students who need to produce writing in English for their academic course.
What level is the course?
- The course is academic writing at advanced/native speaker level and assumes that participants have had experience of writing at university level.
What will it cover?
- The course covers general writing skills such as interpreting questions, planning and organising information, paragraphing and proof reading skills.
- Useful grammar and vocabulary. Useful phrases for expressing ideas, opinions and facts. Getting the tone and register right.
- Students are encouraged to bring any pieces of writing they are currently working on with them.
- At the end of the course you should have tools to use in your writing and tips to follow to improve your next piece.
Course Dates 2009/10
|Nov 7th to Nov 8th||£353|
|Jan 22nd - Jan 23rd||£353|
|March 20th - 21st||£353|