English Language Teachers: New or Still Learning?
Are you anxious about managing your classes?
Trying figure out how to incorporate technology into your classroom?
Got your first teaching job but still have lots of questions?
For new teachers, not having resources to ask questions can be devastating
Perhaps you are embarrassed to ask co-workers for fear of showing that they might think you aren't qualified for your job
YOU DO NOT NEED TO LEARN EVERYTHING BY YOURSELF...
I put together ELMentor™ just for you and thousands of people like you. In this programme you will be able to ask all of your questions and get answers to questions you haven't even thought of yet.
My name is Berni Wall and for over thirty years, I have been an educational professional.
Now, I run a training programme for people like you who are ready to teach, but still have some questions, still have things they would like to learn, or simply would like to have a team of experienced teachers around them.
Join ™ELMentor to get the most out of your teaching career
™ELMentor gives you access to an array of resources specially designed for new or newer teachers of English Language.
- Monthly teleseminars on teaching topics: A seminar each month that will cover practical teaching topics such as skills teaching, using technology, motivation, use of L1 etc. These can be downloaded if you can't make the live session. Members can nominate topics for this. Transcripts will be available.
- Dedicated sessions for building a professional learning network online use of Twitter: PLN is one of the latest buzz-words in on-going professional development. Many English language teachers now use twitter, Facebook, attend online conferences, blog and engage in other aspects of social media to develop teaching skills. Find out about how to use all the latest developments in ELT and have some fun too! We will show you how to use these to learn and get information. We'll also take you along to sessions and introduce you to our own PLN to get you started.
- Access to a forum to share ideas and successes, ask for information, discuss ELT topics: The forum is a place to have discussions or post ideas, successes, concerns and questions about anything ELT related. You are always sure to get lots of helpful advice and suggestions from experienced and new teachers alike.
- Email/Skype access for any problems or help: You can always contact us by email if you need special help. If you need something urgent or need to speak to someone in person then we can be available on Skype. We want you to succeed!
- Access to the Gapfillers E-learning site: Gapfillers is aimed at advanced students. It uses authentic materials covering all the skills, grammar and vocabulary. It also has sections on poetry, short stories and jokes. You can use these materials as language development. You are also welcome to use them in your teaching.
- Attendance at a one-day training event: A one-day event will give you the chance to consolidate everything (it won't happen until later in the year) and meet up with other members of the group. For those unable to attend we will provide a live link.
- Online Pecha-Kucha and Presto evenings: If you don't know what these are you are in for a treat! Here is a taster. We will offer some workshops on developing this quick presentation technique (useful for you but also a useful tool to use with students) and these are social as well as professional occasions).
- 4 half-day online workshops: These will be online events and one will be the Pecha-Kucha workshop outlined above. The idea is to go into more detail about one topic in ELT.
- Priority booking on any residential workshops at Fleetham Lodge: Residential workshops are held twice a year in the UK at Fleetham Lodge. These are free events but limited to 6 people.
Are you ready to use ™ELTMentor to move your teaching and career to a whole new level?
What if you knew it was only £100 per year?
™ELTMentor costs £100 per year
I want to join ™ELTMentor
In one year, you will have learned so much,you will amaze yourself!
Ask any question about ™ELTMentor and we'll help you decide if it's right for you.